In the event you need to file a claim, have your policy number available and know your claim numbers.
For additional information follow these resources
Find the latest forecasts and track current storms at the National Hurricane Center.
From our Family to yours, be prepared with a hurricane plan.
FEMA provides information about hurricane planning, emergency kits and disaster preparedness.
Learn about hurricane preparedness and safety tips from the American Red Cross.
While most of the Insurance carriers closed for binding, modifying or increasing coverage, now is the time to turn your attention to preparing to protect your loved ones and property.
Nearly all storm projections show Hurricane Irma is expected be in South Florida by this weekend, now is the time to prepare.
- Be Safe! You and your families safety is the number one priority, protect your loves and make sure you all understand where you will go and how you communicate with each other.
- Make sure you have everything needed to install your shutters- Now is the time, you will want to install well before the initial winds. Once the winds hit 30 mph, it is very dangerous to start putting up shutters. You will most likely need to be making plans for this on Thursday.
- Put together a go-bag: disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, medications, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate- Many local stores are already experiencing long lines and have run out of essentials. Amazon Prime may be able to deliver to your door needed items such as water, diapers, batteries and flashlights.
- Bring in items from around your yard that can be projectiles.
- Take a photographic inventory of your home- A picture tells a thousand words.
- Wrap important items in plastic bags to protect from water. No matter how much insurance you have, there are things that can’t be replaced, like wedding pictures or old family photos can that aren’t digital can be especially hard to duplicate.
- Pets- have a plan, so many animals are lost or left behind, make sure you have enough food water and a collar with ID tag. Develop a plan for evacuation for your entire family.
- Sign up for Emergency Alerts- ensure your devices are receiving emergency alerts – please follow links above for additional resources.
- Bills- Pay your bills online and have a confirmation. Mail may be lost or damaged or processed later than usual, don’t take any chances.
- Charge all your devices and charging resources.